Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Audi Pick-Up Truck: Move Over, Escalade EXT


Until recently, if you wanted a luxury pick-up truck, you bought a Cadillac Escalade EXT. I have driven the EXT, and to be honest, I found it a little tame. Regardless of luxuries, when driving a truck, I would like to feel like I am driving a truck – it seems to me like Cadillac was holding back in the horsepower department. The Caddy maintained its value by being the only vehicle of its kind- until now.
Recently, an anonymous tipster has leaked pictures of what appears to be an Audi Q7 pick-up truck.


Do I see a Quattro badge?

The truck bears a striking resemblance to a Volkswagen Toureg pick-up concept from 2006.

2006 VW Toureg Pick-Up Concept

While we can’t be sure that this truck is anything more than a concept or a personal project, it would be nice to see a pick-up with Audi’s Quattro system – better yet, an S and RS-line truck. It would be nice to see a luxury pick-up with some -ahem- family jewels. Audi is one company that definitely has the wind at its back right now. With the growing popularity of the S and RS-line vehicles, I have hopes for a luxury performance pick-up from the German automaker.

1 comment:

  1. Plenty of VW pick-ups driving around near the proving grounds.

    ReplyDelete